Introducing the 2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale
Alfa Romeo vehicles are famous for pushing the boundaries of luxury and functionality. When you get behind the wheel of a new Alfa Romeo, you can expect a high-powered performance and a refined cabin experience that will enhance your drives to Utica and beyond. This Italian brand is once again redefining what luxury vehicles look like and are capable of with the all-new 2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale. As the brand’s first plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, the Tonale is designed to provide a drive that’s equally as thrilling as it is efficient.
The Alfa Romeo Tonale release date for the United States will be sometime in early 2023. While you eagerly await the arrival of the new Tonale, the Genesis Alfa Romeo team has crafted this guide to give you all of the exciting details about this upcoming SUV.
2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale Price & Trim Levels
The 2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale is projected to be one of the more competitively-priced luxury subcompact SUVs on Sterling Heights roadways. The automotive experts at Car and Driver predict that the base Tonale model will be anywhere from $36,000 and $40,000. There will also be three trim levels, allowing you to better customize your driving experience.
2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale Exterior Design
Now that we’ve covered the Alfa Romeo Tonale price, let’s delve into some of the exceptional design elements of the SUV. Keeping with the athletic yet graceful Italian design of Alfa Romeo models, stylistic touches that you can look forward to in the new Alfa Romeo Tonale include:
- A front end that boasts a floating shield and full LED adaptive Matrix 3+3 design headlights.
- The SUV’s 20-inch wheels resemble a telephone dial–paying homage to a style that was popular in the 1960s on vehicles like the 33 Stradale.
- The back of the Alfa Romeo Tonale is just as striking with eye-catching taillights that form a sine curve.
- Last, but certainly not least, you’ll find the Italian flag on the side mirrors, a tribute to the vehicle’s Italian heritage.
2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale Interior Design
When you step inside the driver-centric Tonale cabin, you’ll be greeted with top-of-the-line amenities. You can choose to outfit the interior with either Alcantara or leather heated and ventilated front seats that will allow you to ride in optimal comfort. While you’re basking in the comfortable Tonale’s seating, you’ll have a bevy of innovative features right at your fingertips:
- Keep your eyes on Sterling Heights roads while still engaging with your automobile via “Cannocchiale,” the vehicle’s telescopic instrument panel that consists of a 12.3-inch fully digital screen and a 10.25-inch touchscreen.
- Curate the cabin ambiance you desire with Tonale’s LED lighting.
- With dual air conditioning, you can set two different temperature settings. This system is so intuitive that even when exterior conditions change, it will automatically adjust to ensure that you’re always comfortable.
- The Tonale comes equipped with NFT technology–the first of its kind–which “generate[s] a confidential and non-corruptible record of the vehicle’s life.”
- Thanks to the integration of Amazon Alexa, you curate your playlist, create shopping lists, manage the lights in your home, and so much more, right from your cockpit.
2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale Performance Features
We’d be remiss if we didn’t cover some of the exciting performance features and capabilities offered by the new Tonale. This base model debuts a 1.5L 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that delivers 130 hp and 240 lb-ft of torque, and it’s also paired with a 48-volt, 15 kW electric motor and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. Here’s an overview of the performance features of the two higher Alfa Romeo Tonale trim levels:
- The Alfa Romeo Tonale Hybrid VGT offers a 160-hp engine that’s paired with a 48-volt, 15 kW electric motor and a 7-speed Alfa Romeo TCT dual-clutch transmission. This transmission triggers electric mode when you’re traveling at low speeds, parking, and cruising to ensure optimal efficiency.
- The range-topping Alfa Romeo Tonale Plug-in Hybrid has a 1.3L MultiAir turbocharged gas engine that provides traction to the front wheels, while the electric motor sends power to the rear wheels. This sporty model offers a horsepower output of 275, as well as a 0-60 mph acceleration time of 6.2 seconds. When using 7.4 kW fast charging, your Alfa Romeo Tonale will be fully charged in 2.5 hours.
When behind the wheel of the new Alfa Romeo Tonale, you can also look forward to best-in-class steering, perfect weight distribution, brake by wire technology, a dual-stage valve system, and electronic self-locking differential.
2023 Alfa Romeo Tonale Safety Features
While you’re enjoying the powerful performance of the Alfa Romeo Tonale, you can enjoy peace of mind thanks to its high-tech safety features and technologies. These features include:
- Blind Spot Detection
- 360° View Camera with Dynamic Lines
- Lane Control
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Intelligent Speed Control
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Drowsy Driver Detection
- Rear Seat Reminder Alert
Learn More About the New Alfa Romeo Tonale with Genesis Alfa Romeo
Now that you know all about the Alfa Romeo price and features, we’re sure that you’re eager to secure the keys to this advanced luxury crossover. Remember, the Alfa Romeo Tonale release date for the United States is expected to be in early 2023. As it gets closer to that date, reach out to Genesis Alfa Romeo to inquire about how you can bring a new Tonale home. And in the meantime, check out our hub of Alfa Romeo research to learn more about other vehicles that are part of the brand!
More from Genesis Alfa Romeo
Do you want a car that offers dynamic performance? Do you want one that has excellent and reputable safety features? If so, then look no further than the 2024 Alfa Romeo Tonale. A stunner in its own right, this vehicle has so much to offer the residents of Macomb. Keep reading to learn more about…
In terms of luxury SUVs currently on the market, there’s nothing quite like the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. A pinnacle of design and dynamic performance, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio stands in a league of its own for stylish and award-winning SUVs. That’s no joke, either! The Alfa Romeo Stelvio is the recipient of J.D. Power’s Top…
Do you want to drive in luxury? Do you want to make your neighbors jealous? When you drive around in the stunning Alfa Romeo Giulia, you will. This style icon is beautifully designed with you in mind. From every seat stitch to the technological advancements only known from an Alfa Romeo brand, the Giulia will…